Hi Stamping Friends,
Today, I'm sharing a diorama card made using the new Pop of Paradise stamp set from Stampin' Up! I haven't made one of these in years and they really are fun. I'm looking forward to making more, maybe adding another layer for more dimension. Plus, and maybe the best part, they fold flat to mail!
- Cut two pieces of Basic Black card stock 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Score all short edges at 1/2" and 1". Crease the 1/2" score lines towards the front and the 1" score lines to the back. Die cut or punch a shape between the score lines of one piece.
- Cut a Whisper White piece approximately 4-1/8" x 3-1/4" to fit space between score lines of back piece. Sponge sky using a template you have drawn and cut out or a punched shape with Soft Sky ink. Make sure you have the card stock oriented correctly before sponging.
- Stamp the flamingo in Flirty Flamingo ink (I used a Black Marker to color beak and legs), the pineapple in Garden Green and Crushed Curry, the small leaf in Garden Green and the two large leaves in Cucumber Crush on scraps of Whisper White. Use small scissors to cut them all out. You can stamp one of the large leaves directly onto your sponged sky piece and avoid cutting out one of them. :o)
- Adhere the sponged piece to the center of the pack piece facing front. Arrange cut images in desired positions. Attach using Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, whatever you need for your arrangement.
- Add strong adhesive such as Tear & Tape or Fast Fuse to the outer short edges of one piece. Flatten piece to make it easier to line up. Line up one edge at a time, to ensure the piece will lie flat for mailing.
- Stamp greeting for front. I used one from the Thoughtful Banners stamp set and punched using the Duet Banner Punch. If you plan to stamp directly under the window, do that before attaching the front to back.
So, what do you think? Will you try out this cute technique? You, of course, could use any colors, any shape window, any stamps...whatever you desire. If you do make one, I would love it if you would email me a photo.
All materials are available for purchase from my Stampin' Up! Online Store. You can also click directly on any item above to go to the online store.
If you do decide to place an Online Order, and it is under $150, please enter June's Host Code on your shopping bag page.
JUNE HOST CODE
The new 2016-2017 Annual Catalogs are live! If you would like one and do not have a Demonstrator, please email me. To download your own copy to your computer, click 2016-2017 ANNUAL CATALOG.
It's not too early to start thinking about your Christmas cards!!
If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please email me.
Thanks so much for stopping by. See you next time!